Tuesday, September 25

landed

we've arrived in Cork after a grueling four and a half hour ride from Dublin, we enjoyed a pint of Murphy's stout (b/c the locals don't drink the Guinness) and shared a pint with a new friend from BC. Angie, our new friend, is the first Canadian we've met who speaks more than English. in fact she speaks Spanish and Japanese too! our party grew as the night wore and soon included a few Swed's, Spaniards, French and I think an Auzzie, but I never got talking to him.

today is the first day of job hunting, and that means getting together a CV, or resume as we call it at home.

wish me luck,

cheers,

7 comments:

Kristine said...

Hey Bradley!!! Glad to see that you and Sunshine made it over there safely!!! Good luck with the job hunt :)

--b said...

thanks kris, and i hope that your teaching is going splendid.

--b

Anonymous said...

brad, i hope your having an absolutely terrible time, you deserve it

sincerely yours,

tommy

Hermano Rojo said...

Hey man, you finally made it over! I'm still in the UK though, so I guess I'm not really breaking any speed records either.

Glad to see you actually hade it happen. I never made it to Cork although I wanted to. I got seduced by Galway and stayed there forever.

If you're ever up for a little Euro-travel while you're here, drop me a line.

--b said...

tommy,

i love you, and i know you love me too

mano,

come back to Cork. you'd be a whole lot cooler if you did.

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad - super glad to hear you are having a fabulous time! I am glad you are in Cork - that is where my grandfather grew up before he came to Canada!

Matt and Katia are having their wedding reception for us Canadians that missed it last year and that is rapidly approaching on Oct 27th. They had a car rally last weekend (in place of a buck n doe I guess) and it was super fun!

Josh got married at the end of August and is back from his honeymoon! Their wedding was great!

Now this weekend I have Debbie Vanden Hengel's wedding in Seaforth at the church and community centre - should be awesome!

Anyway - keep safe and good luck on finding a job! :D

Jen

Unknown said...

thanks jen, i'll know about work come monday.

sounds like you have a busy next few weeks. enjoy!