Wednesday, September 3

Bird Arrives

[I didn't have the courage to write about my arrival at the airport because I didn't want to jinx our operation]

I arrived at Shannon Air at around four in the afternoon. I had spent most of the ride deep in my current book, another by Milan Kundera that, like the other other one i've read recently by him did not live up to the first book of his I read. Having been so deep in the book I misjudged how long I had been on the bus and realized just in time that the planes landing all around me and the sudden emptying of the bus was telling me that it was time to drop the book, my snacks and water bottle inside my pack, grab it and my umbrella and leap off the bus as it peeled out of the drop-down zone.

Had I have been wearing a hat I would have had to reach back and bring it through the bus doors as it would have fallen off.

I can't go anywhere without that hat. At least I couldn't had I have been wearing one.

I looked up at the signs above the doors and a thirty-something backpacker trundled past me with his pack and destination clearly organized.

"Nice one, Indiana" he mustered with a smirk.

thanks for noticing I thought to myself while I replied with a grin of my own.

Through the doors I went searching for my second visiting sister and her travel companion. I found them looking rather confused, but on the brink of discovery. I quietly flanked around and popped up next to Steve.

"You look like you could use some help"



[happy birthday Big Dan. welcome to north of 22]

6 comments:

--b said...

yes, it was yesterday that dan turned another year older. so for those of you who think that sending him a msg today gets you in on time then think again.

however, those of you who care to do so have already wrote him a wall post to some effect or have spent the night in toronto wandering from bar to bar to bar as i did one year ago.

i will have to wait for that for at least another few [insert proper time reference here].

but that will wait for another day

Hermano Rojo said...

Hey man, what's your story? What are you up to? You still gonna come to Oktoberfest?

Let me know!

Sarah Maloney said...

hey crazy...sounds like you're still having fun over there!
hope to see ya when you get back to Canada!

Anonymous said...

Welcome Home Brad

I read the Toronto Sun newspaper today & heard you arrived from afar & agrin........eh !

Uncle GTL

None said...

Welcome back to Canada!

--b said...

Thanks Shab, and might I add a very, very big "all the best" with Korea. I heard that you left yesterday!

nice one, keep me in the loop.

(and keep me in a better loop that I have with you and other readers)