Monday, January 17

iMail

Mom,

my mail won't work, but mostly I hadn't thought of a subject heading yet and that was the first thing that came to mind. I haven't been bothered too much by it to look further into fixing it because messages still come to my phone and logging on to the web version is just fine.

it stays open all the time though, and that bothers me a bit. when i alt-tab it's always there ... staring at me .. mocking me ...

WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM ME iMAIL?

mostly I spent today planning escape and bus routes. in art (which reminds me that i have to add it to my todo list) we drew stone henge. how we did it is just as mysterious as the building of the real structure so I won't be able to divulge any more details about it in this message. I also had another class, it was math and we learned about protractors.

where the hell was that a month ago?

it makes total sense now and i was going about it all wrong. hopefully those kids recover and learn from their grade 6 teacher how those half circle things work (actually, they didn't call them half circle things at all. i consider that a victory for me).

Then we had basketball and lost, but the team did alright. I would rather have time with them at practice then all this time at games. I see a ton of things we could work on and not being there hurts. I'm sure they wonder what my role is too.

right now i'm the guy that shows up to the games and tells them to do things that don't make sense.

I am smiling. I don't know if that's evident in what I've written, but I am. Because at the end of the day I did a bunch of things that I like doing .. including catching the right buses every time.

things are turning up Murray.

--b

2 comments:

Jacquie S said...

why is it that the actual mail icon on one's doc is only called "Mail", and the dashboard app is "iMail"? As I look at my doc I see "iTunes". "iCal", "iChat", "iPhoto"... and "Mail". It's just there, all alone, segregated from all of the "iThings".

Apparently Mr. Jobs missed the boat on that one.

Odd thoughts associated with this comment, yet not directly related to it:

1) I actually googled iMail because I had no idea what it was, what with my doc icon only being labeled "Mail" and all.

2) It never ceases to amaze me that "to google" is regularly used, and accepted, as a verb in daily conversation.

--b said...

with no need for a translation into other languages either.

it never ceases to amaze me that my professors will tell us, on a daily basis, to google something if we don't know.

a very special note, however, is that i've just realized that my computer's dictionary does not accept google as a properly spelled word.

we still have some time