Friday, September 9

Needy, so needy

quietly, in the background
"...oh, it must be that guy..."

I smirk. It's me she's talking about, and obviously doesn't realise that I wasn't put on hold, only set down on the counter.

In her defense, this is the third time I've called today and the fifth time this week. Had I not've lost my glasses (in a golf cart related incident) I wouldn't be in such need, or be so needy. I feel a bit like a boy who's waiting for his first crush to call him after making that first move toward her locker.

Who am I kidding, I still feel that way. It's becoming more and more apparent to me how much I value constant connection. It should have been known to me sooner, and I should have dealt with it sooner too. I have been blogging for a while now, and the medium requires tough skin. I don't know if anyone reads this, there's a stats page that I can check but I have no idea who reads it, or how often, or for how long they stay, where they're coming from, why they're here, why they stay, why they come back - if they come back...

... man. I am needy.

The lady at the glasses store recovered quickly, quicker than I did. I awkwardly laughed every few seconds trying to show who not-unimpressed I was she basically called me annoying in front of everyone she works with.

I was hoping I'd draw out of her that she was sorry to have said it, but she never did. She just kept a steady voice for as long as I was on the phone, rolling her eyes as soon as the handset was in its cradle then carrying on with her next customer, one that was in front of her and not calling from some starbucks, somewhere.

I would tip her if I thought a person tipped glasses salespeople, and if she wasn't making commission off this sale. The easiest sale ever, might I add.

(However the easiest sale ever is making for a boring entry. If you've stayed with me this far into the post you'll be prepared for the image of me with my new specks that'll come shortly after me putting them on)

1 comment:

M. Clarke said...

Hey Brad! I read your stuff! Still loving your written voice! Such an interesting style, very in line with who you are from what I recall. What are you up to these days? Shoot me an email or Facebook me. - Matt C