Wednesday, February 17

It happens to the best of us

I sent a text to Kate's friend the other day.

(it was while I was driving)

Kate was asleep in the passenger seat and we were on our way back
from something; I'm not sure what, though I am sure it doesn't matter
for the story.

I had stopped to fuel up.

The text'ng went like this...

"So it's twenty to ten, we're still in London and Kate just hit her
proverbial wall."

"I don't know what that means but i hope you're not beating her"

"No, not beating. I think I miss used the word. She's tired. Asleep
nearly. Also, I just noticed that when we filled up I likely left the
gas cap on her hood.
It's no longer there."

"Hahaha oh man. You 2 are hilarious. Hope you're home safe and sound.
I am done for the night so maybe see you tmrw!"

A day later we're out at Boars Head for a pint with Amy when Kate asks
me if there's something I wanted to tell her.

I, of course, had not mentioned the gas cap incident as I, of course,
had expected to have had it replaced before she noticed.

What I didn't realize is that the absence of a gas cap turned the
check engine light on which the turned the car into the shop class of
Kate's school.

They made a crack about blonds, which would later be a crack over my
head.

Meanwhile, back at the Boars Head, I was, of course, blaming all this on Amy because she had already told Kate a out our text'ng the night
before.

"Why would you think something like that?"

*crack*

ouch


..in other news:

No comments: