Friday, October 26

english 101

today marks the day that i no longer reside in a hostle. Sheila's has been a ... nice spot to hang my hat, had i had a hat, but i am happy to be moving to a more permanent spot where my hat, had i had a hat, can be hung with more consistency.

the new house is located right near a pub i was at last night, as well as right near the house of a canadian girl from toronto named sue. sue from toronto is half my height plus a foot, four inches and can make her way away from a bar with the greatest of ease which makes up for the difficulty she has getting to the bar. equilibrium is always maintained.

we were at the pub to see an italian friend play the drums at nine thirty. we arrived promptly at ten to discover that he arrive promptly an hour and a half later to never play. he played wonderfully, had he of played, and was invited back again next time they have a jam night that they need a drummer not to play.

on a return trip from the toilets i overheard a conversation i wasn't listening to. A girl whose name was soon to be forgotten said to a girl whose name was soon to be known as amanda and a boy whose name was soon to be known as devin "i wish i had of brought my coat to cork". This particular comment caught my attention because of two very important notes that should be noted:

1. people from cork don't wish to bring coats with them because they are already in cork
2. people from cork don't wish to bring coats with them in an american accent.

i asked the girl whose name was soon to be forgotten where they were from and i was told wisconsin. they told me i would spell it wrong and i agreed. i told amanda i would remember her name because i had a sister named leanne who has an older sister named amanda. devin then asked if i played the fiddle (he didn't really, i just needed his character to move the story along for me) and went on to tell me he had a father, or uncle .. i can't remember .. , who toured around ireland for two year collecting irish tunes with his fiddle. he will be visiting this christmas with devin's brother and suggested that i meet them and bring my fiddle.

everything is turning up millhouse at 723 evergreen terrace!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

the fact that you guys aren't coming back anytime soon is starting to sink in a bit. My life is a lot less entertaining.

that sounded rather bleak. it wasn't supposed to be. I just do different things now. I'm writing a lot. I realize you didnt ask for an update but it's friday night and nobody will have a beer with except for Adam but he's just on msn and we are both incredibly bored.

I think I'll be in Ireland sooner rather than later.

--b said...

can't wait. see you in january dude.

Anonymous said...

update me brad, UPDATE!

tommy

--b said...

you are moments ahead of me. if you were only patient a few more minutes you would have had a post to make you feel better.

thanks for keeping tabs on me though.