Wednesday, October 10

i named my rash

life has been rather quiet the past few days. i have been taking it easy because of an unfortunate run in I had with a rash. i am not sure where i had this run in, but the evidence of this run in is unavoidable. so unavoidable that i've given him a name: Decision. Decision has moved off my face but is holding ground on my neck and chest. and BOY is Decision making his presence known; visually and .. itch-illy (?). fem doc from emerg put me on some meds and cremes, very masculine to be applying this twice daily, and hopes that i'll be on the mend in a few days. the "good news" she had for me was that it wasn't to be worried about; bad news being that she wasn't too sure what it was that i wasn't supposed to be worried about.

hmmm... perhaps try another semester at school and then get back to me on this. as soon as possible would be nice. i'd rather not come back if this treatment isn't working.

my first lunch shift went off quite well today (pause in typing to scratch my chest), allegedly it wasn't as busy as it usually gets and i had it easy today .. which is nice to know since i was running my a** off. for a first day with it i hope i did well.

i met the owner, or as he was introduced to me the man-who-pays-me. i said hello to Phil twice, the second being more enthusiastic because it followed the whopaysme remark. Phil was grand as owners usually are the first time you meet them and before the first time you severely screw something up. i'll let you know if Phil and I still get on in a month or so after i've spoiled a lunch dumped a pint in his lap.

all is well. take care of yourselves.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi : Brad

Much cooler here today 12 degrees C
is the high & rain.
Rash ....could be fleas from the dog park !
Good luck on the job, sounds much the same as Betty's job .
Voted here today !
Hope you find suitable lodging soon.
I could phone Jim Hagerty & ask if he knows anyone in Cork ?
Jim is an editor at the Stratford Gazette ( raised near Staffa )

Grant

Anonymous said...

i knew it brad, i knew you had it in ya, take that DAN, BRAD HAS A JOB NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

reagrds,

Tomasz

Anonymous said...

Hi : Brad

Just talked to Jim, his family is from the Cork area !
Two small communities about 30 minutes outside Cork though.
Cona & Fermoy
He stays at B & B's when he goes.
He did ask if you were only a party of one.
He said it will be difficult trying to stay at a house but maybe.
Let me know.
I'll get your email address from Glenda .
Grant

--b said...

thanks tommy, but i am just as happy for dan. let's all hope and pray that he keeps it. does this place offer free subs for coming to work? we should call and tip them off on some ideas to keep him at work.

thanks grant. i'll send Jim's contact a word.

cheers,

--b

Ms. Duke said...

i couldn't help but laugh reading this... hopefully along with you... i recently did an emerg. trip to the korean hospital with my friend ray... you knowing me can only imagine how i felt re: doctors and all things medical but... the korean hospital was all you can imagine and worse...
in the end it was an experience to have and i possibly contracted something just being there... but they do hook everyone who arrives there to an iv... ray joked he was going to do it weekly from now on as it costs about $10 and gives you as he said an extra "boost"...
all the best
shann

Ms. Duke said...

on another note as i have yet to start my own...
from one blogger to another... check out some of my friends in korea...
they are both excellent writers..

http://baileybrosbuildingandloanabroad.blogspot.com/

http://stephanieinsuwon.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

it doesnt offer free subs but it offers cheap drinks WHILE I work and while I don't, as well as a cute girl at the diner next door who thinks I am just adorable. plus I get to watch sports while working.

Anonymous said...

wow dan, sounds like your set for life there. whats new in the I-dot brad? yeah, thats what the cool kids call it these days.

tommy

Anonymous said...

Hey Brad... hope the rash has finally taken its leave of your body by this time. I was missing Cork as soon we'd left it! We've had some good adventures since, though. Tell Matt hi! I hope you're good and getting along ok.. good luck securing your abode.

Ooh, did you hear? AerLingus might be going on strike by Tuesday.. looks like we might be in Ireland a little longer than expected. What a pity (hah!)

so now. take care.. talk later!

-k-b-

--b said...

wow! thanks to everyone for checking in on me. i am doing much better now. skins a little dry, but i guess that's what happens when you bomb the heck out of it with meds.

i'll check out those blogs as well as post a bit about having been to blarney today either later today or in the coming days.

cheers,

--b

--b said...

http://stephanieinsuwon.blogspot.com/

http://baileybrosbuildingandloanabroad.blogspot.com/