Sunday, November 7

I don't want to talk about it

Two bikes? How do i get two bikes stolen?

One, .. sure.

Whoops. I went to the pub and left it locked in the wrong place and someone needed it more than me.

Fine. Take it. You might have been hungry or thirsty or bored.

I can find something else that will serve the purpose. After all, I'm not chasing a yellow jersey.

But then the "something-else-that-will-serve-the-purpose" gets taken and I feel like I might cry.

Cry, or wound something. I'd like to wound something. Like something riding a red bike with a rack on the back and CCM painted on the tubing.

I'd like to wound something like that. If someone can find me something like that let me know and I'll feel better.

It didn't make me feel better annexing my landlady's bike.

I didn't feel better walking several block to put air in tires that may or may not hold air.

I certainly didn't feel any better as I rode up hill paying close attention to tires that may or may not hold air and not nearly enough attention to the pedal that certainly won't stay attached to the crank any longer.

that's fine world, I'd rather carry it anyways. Besides, my left leg is a bit weaker than my right. This will work out much better

If something is to fall off a bike it almost always does so in an intersection. #murphyslaw

I most certainly didn't feel better biking up hill with one pedal to get to a big box store that doesn't stock the part I need to make my landlady's bike usable for the next three days. I need something to get me to campus until I find a way to a bike shop to buy another bike that will most certainly be taken from me too.

It didn't make me feel any better to have to tell Dad that I couldn't meet the two of you for mass tonight because I had homework to do. Sure I have homework, but I can put it off. I didn't want to have to tell you I lost another bike.

And this time it was his bike I lost.

So no, I don't want to talk about it. Unless someone finds me something to wound. Then I'll feel better talking about it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Brad, didn't you have pedal issues when you borowed my bike in Whitby. Maybe it's the operator, not the bike....

Greg

--b said...

there certainly is a good chance it's the operator, not the bike(s).