Tuesday, June 14

A Nanny, perhaps?

Dear Dinker,

On the weekend was around a few babies ... two of them were yours. Well done you.

Dad says congrats as well, although he also says that he still beat you. Just like you, he couldn't celebrate his first father's day ... he wasn't a father. By his second, just like you, he was father of two.

He says he wins because he didn't have twins.

I can't wait to see your daughters again. They're really cute and cuddly, and for the most part they just lay there. Lilly was flailing around, trying to look at as many things as she could, which isn't very much, as far as I know.

Though what I know about babies that age is limited.

Well, what I know about babies is limited.

I know how to hold them. I have to support their neck. I don't know how old they are when they can hold their own necks but I've figure it's safer to hold every baby as if it can't hold its neck up. At least until it proves itself.

When I was holding Lilly on Saturday we were having a grand old chat. I was going on about the headaches you'll have over the next eighteen years, how you'll take her to soccer games and show her how to do long division and she smiled back as if to say she knew exactly what I was talking about.

Her grandmother said "You're pretty good at holding her. You'll be invited back again next weekend."

She also said that I was keeping her up by talking to her, that she should be fast asleep by now since she was just fed.

I was just super thrilled to have such a small person so entertained by me. Maggie, who was also very cute, was sleeping the whole time she was waiting for Lilly to finish her meal.

If Lilly sleeps through the night I'll be praised forever. If she doesn't I may not get invited back again for a while.



It's Tuesday and I haven't heard from them about next weekend. I don't know what to think.

2 comments:

Kristine said...

It's been a while - but I saw this and had to share! I hope life is going well :)
http://dearphotograph.com/

--b said...

that blog is amazing, kristine. i can't wait to get home to take some picture pictures of my own.

thank you