Thursday, August 21

I know what you're going to ask

I know what you're going to ask, and the answer is yes.

I have been to see the new Star Wars: Clone Wars movie. It opened here and in most of Europe on August 15th and saw it just three days ago. And let me be the first to tell you

DO NOT GO AND SEE THIS MOVIE.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound so blunt or negative or agitated or frustrated or annoyed that I spent 5.50 and the better part of two hours (which was actually 98 mins) in a movie that made me feel like I was playing a video game, except that when I wanted to make the player jump off the cliff the controller I wasn't holding on the game system I don't own,let along play, anyways wasn't letting me.

Much to my delight someone at the Globe and Mail agrees with me.

"With its cluttered, relatively rudimentary design, Star Wars: The Clone Wars could be easily mistaken for a demo from Lucasfilm's video-game department." Jason Anderson.

I came home from my lunch shift and said over and over again that we should all rush out the door and go and watch the new star wars film. That day, no one wanted to. The next day I went by myself and was very grateful that I did.

I don't know if I would actually say "don't go see this movie", but I will say don't bother seeing it on the big screen. It is more than enough to see it at home with your star wars figures and your stuffed yoda doll and all those things that I don't have and don't wish I had.

Given the chance I would have seen it again because I do enjoy the films. But even given the chance again I would still likely had told you not to see the film because I still would not have enjoy it.

I would have owed Chris and Matt their ticket price because they both saw that the film would have been a flop.

Your were right, the both of you, Journey is far better than Star Wars and likely in more ways that one hundred and one.

No comments: