Wednesday, August 20

What Would You Say

LeRoi Moore of the Dave Mathews Band died Tuesday from injuries he received during a four-wheeler accident back in June of this year? He died in hospital after being readmitted because of complications that had surfaced during his physiotherapy rehab (cbc.ca).

Like Ryan, I don't want to sound like some huge fan after Moore has passed away, but I do want to state that I really liked the music of DMB. Really liked it.

Like many others, my favourite of their songs is grey street. I should listen to i more often, everyday even, because every time I hear it I want to be better at playing the violin.

Of course it takes more than just saying it over and over again to make something like that happen.

I need to be taking lessons.

I wonder if Boyd gives lessons.

I have been thinking about a lot of things I would do when I get back to Canada, which, may I add, is (potentially) getting closer. There are a few ideas of adventures to go on but I have yet to organize them.

One involves France, Munich and Cork again at the end of October. Another involves Cork, Toronto and Seaforth, and another still involves some unknown destinations that I haven't even thought about yet. All, mind you, rely on my working a lot and getting paid more over the next four weeks; the next four weeks because that's just how much time I have left on my work visa.

When I figure out what i am doing come the middle of September, when my work visa ends and three month travel visa begins, I'll let you know.

Until then, lets listen to some really great jazz riffs from a talented musician who has left us.



LeRoi is the big guy with the sax and the backwards hat. The guy with the dreads is Boyd.

No comments: