Sunday, August 10

i learned

I learned that a short while ago I was reading and that I felt as though reading wasn't what I wanted to do right then.

Maybe it was I was bored with my book, maybe it was that I was all read out or maybe it was that I couldn't find my book anywhere despite having not looked at all.

Tomorrow I am going to Galway for three days. I have three days off in a row because there are new staff members coming on board and they need hours to learn how to take my job away from me.

also, i am not bitter. not at all.

In fact I'm not even bitter at all, it's just that sometimes bitter is funnier; although i am sure that what is written above isn't funny at all.

i should stop trying to be funny.

never the less i am going to Galway and visiting a friend. I am staying at her house because she has two empty bedrooms and because she lives in Galway. You might remember Janine from a past post but not really because I didn't name her by name. She was the entity in charge of making all the food for the day. She made a great mom away from home.

she also made a good kosher meal.

I don't really know what I am going to do while in Galway, but I'll tell you a bit about it when I get back.

Also what I'll tell you about is how I am slowly loosing a great deal of friends. Two people left a week ago and another a few days after that. Matty fly's out in a month and his parents are here visiting for a week which means I'm not going to see him. Chris is in France for a series of odd reasons and Connor my American bartending pal had his last work night tonight and will be on the eight o'clock bus to Dublin in ... two hours. Even my auzzie-roommate whom i don't want be around isn't around.

I need to learn how to find more friends, and fast.

4 comments:

--b said...

i also learned that i can be "web-searched"

(i don't know if you can tell, but i am deliberately avoiding the pop-culture verb everyone has adopted)

check it out on your favourite search engine.

Anonymous said...

googled?

Anonymous said...

i think the fastest way to find more friends is to come home. i'm pretty tall, so i shouldn't be hard to find...

--b said...

bro, it sounds like you miss me.

a lot.

i'll tell you what. you meet me in St Johns and hitchhike to ontario with me.