Tuesday, January 30

Haufbrauhouse

This beer garden was incredible. When you walk in, you are all of a sudden overtaking by everything that is going on inside. All of your senses are trying to take everything in and its impossible. There are huge men (german men) who are all sitting along these long benches drinking, laughing and drinking. Some are singing, some are having serious discussions and others are just having an after work drink or two... or three. You smell the pretzels that they serve, you hear the band that is playing crazy crazy german music. Oh, and I should mention that the band members have shorts with suspenders on. They are playing the coolest instruments that I had never seen before. You see all the people moving around, looking for spots, trying to find friends. There is so much comotion it takes a while to adjust to where you are and it was exhausting taking everything in. Graham (the guy from BC) and Paul and I found a spot in the non-smoking, family section which was a lot quieter and we ordered a beer. They only serve beer in 1L jugs. wow. That's a lot of beer for me. Im not normally in a beer drinker (except in Quebec) so I wasnt sure if I was going to be able to finish it. I managed quite fine.

I spent most of the time people watching. Germans are crazy. They are loud and obnoxious but then I guess most people who have a few drinks in them are the same way.

Prost

bonne soiree

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, the Haufbrauhaus is my favourite place ever. God, I love Munich. I'm glad you had fun with the men in leederhosen and the massive beers and the oom-pah-pah band!! :D