Tuesday, January 30

more on Munchen

Munich in German in called Munchen. Now, Paul and I decided that people who were from Munchen were probably called............ munchkins.

The beer in Munich is so cheap. So, naturally, one (not me.. but one) would take advantage of this cheapness especially if she/her were living in the most expensive city in Europe. right? naturally. The beer at the hostel was so cheap. the beer and this amazing restaurant that Paul and I went to was fairly cheap and even at the Haufbrauhouse (which is the biggest beer garden in Munich) the beer was pretty cheap.
Paul and I also ate quite a bit of kabobs. They actually have part of a cow in a turny thing that is being heated and they shave off the meat anytime someone wants a kabob. Man, are they ever good.

We went on a guided tour our second day in Munich and it was great. We walked all around the city, learning how it was all destroyed during the war and how they built it up to what it used to be like. We learned how Hitler started a riot in Munich. We walked down the most expensive street (with the best shopping- which I sadly cant afford) we also saw Pope Benedict's old church which is the cathedral in Munich.

After the tour, Paul and I split up. Paul went to a museum (which I thankfully got out of going to) with a guy we had met from BC and I went off by myself to do some shoppping and sight seeing. We were going to meet up later at the Haufbrauhouse for some beers. I went to the church were our guide told us we could climp up the stairs. There were 310 stairs. The view was amazing. I was up right at sunset and it was gorgeous. You could see the mountains and then the city.

No comments: