Sunday, January 7

Dec 15 & 16

well, now that Paul is gone, I will update you on our last 3 weeks.

So, like I said last time, I picked Paul up at the airport and he looked very parisien. It was great to see him. We left the airport and he got a taste of bringing his luggage through the airport. The whole time, like I did with Leanne, I was explaining the steps I had taken after getting off the plane and of course, I kept reminding him how I had twice as much luggage as he had in the metro.

He pretty much slept the whole day and we walked around Paris a bit. He was very jet legged because he had a really long flight with a layover in the states.

The next day, we went to the Arc de Triomphe were Napolean burried one dead soldier to represent all those who lost their lives in the war. There is a traffic circle around the arc de triomphe that is just nuts. There are no lines in the circle and there are about 6 different lanes of cars. Oh, and the cars also don't believe in signaling before switching "lanes." So, I thought it would be a great idea to try to cross this traffic circle instead of going underground like normal people. Paul (being somewhat of a grandpa) did not want to cross the circle. Naturally, I started going anyways and Paul had no choice but to follow me. We almost got killed. We then climbed to the top of the Arc where we had a great view of Paris. It was actually raining (surprise, surprise) so we didnt stay up there that long.

We then went over to the Canadian girls apartment because we were doing our secret santa exchange. We did our exchange and then we went out to the bar downtown. We took the last metro at 1am and went downtown and then stayed at the bar until about 3am. The girls went home and Paul and I stayed in a cafe and people watched until about 5:30am and then went home.

Paul's sleeping patterns were all messed up because he was travelling the day before and then slept for a long time and then stayed up all night and was sleeping during the day. It took a while for his sleeping patterns to straighten themselves out after staying up all night.

No comments: