Monday, December 10

adventures in corkville

i went on an adventure today and had to ask directions three times. it's something i've learned is a necessity when traveling around, because most of the time i don't have a clue where i am.

the adventure was to pick up a couple of packages that have been waiting for me at some sorting depo somewhere that i am afraid can't be walked to son. thanks man-behind-the-glass-who-thinks-he-is-my-dad.

it took me all of two hours, nearly four times longer than i had thought, and had me walking along places that were very unpedestrian. i could tell they were unpedestrian because of the increase in major highways next to me and the decrease of footpaths under me.

one man told me to walk for a bit until i saw some green trucks (irish post trucks). i thought to myself thanks, that should help.

one man came in the door after me and muttered to himself, but mostly to me, that this package had better be an important one because of all the trouble went to to get to the place.

turns out his was so important that they had kept it in the truck for the remainder of the day and wouldn't have it at this particular office until tomorrow. he'd have to wait one business day until it was ready to be picked up.

i knew this because i read the slip of paper he was holding three weeks ago when my package came in the mail.

he walked away with shaking head and rolling eyes; i walked away with a letter from home, medication and a new book which i am almost done. my package was very important and quite worth the adventure.

[i have signed up for this couch surfing site that i heard about from a friend a while back. i didn't get much of a chance to write something. hopefully i will get to a computer again soon.]

miss you all,

--b

No comments: