Monday, December 17

ham and cheesey humour

i've a new destraction. those who know me, and you do because you're reading this, will understand this to be a tuesday; those who don't know me won't find this funny.

and rightly so, because it isn't.

this morning i had tea while a techie from the tv company installed the cable and internet. i would have offered him a cup but i didn't think of it until now.

i have to work very hard to get away from spending all my time ... sorry, i just lost my train of thought - i got caught watching the episode of scrubs that came on after the one that pulled me away from writing this post.

in other news ... i made a ham tonight for dinner, and tried my luck again with roasting potatoes. by made i mean boiled and by tried my luck again with i mean made. i had never heard of boiling ham before, but i suppose i had never read the packaging before either.

before going to the supermarket to buy the pinapples i never put in the roasting pan i didn't use i stopped at a book store to buy the first cook book containing a ham recipe.

i couldn't find one.

and i think i'll have some of those pinapple bits now.

3 comments:

Ms. Duke said...

i think there are some easier ways...

http://www.recipetips.com/kitchen-tips/t--666/how-to-prepare-and-bake-a-ham.asp

Anonymous said...

she lies. there are no easier ways. ham is good though. Steve moved to waterloo yesterday. I am all alone. I have a lot of news though. do you have a phone number?

--b said...

thanks shann, i'll use that for tomorrow's meal.

and yes dan, i do have a phone number.