Friday, February 9

bars

lately, I've been going out quite a bit.. which, i guess would make me somewhat of a bar star. It's weird working in a bar because you see all of these people out for a good time and it makes you want to go to out and have a good time. So, we've been trying all of these English bars that people have been telling me about and they are tons of fun. It's weird because you see a lot of the same people at the different Enlgish speaking bars that you go to so it makes it pretty fun€ because you start recognizing people.. (like last night I met this girl at a bar and i ended up knowing her friends because i had met them another night..) now, knowing people can be really fun unless of course you make a fool out of yourself one night..(which I NEVER do..) For example, I made a fool out of myself ONCE (jsut this once..) at an Irish bar and the next week, the bartendar that was working at that particular bar that night came into my bar to eat. Man, it was very embarrassing because I made quite a spectacle of myself. so then i had to apologize. talk about embarrassing. haha..

so, most of the time, we will start out at the apartment drinking wine then we'll go to the Latin Quarter where all the English bars are and then end up at the Highlander which is a Scottish bar near my bar. It closes at 5am but you have to get there before 3am because they wont let you into the bar anytime after 3am. They have neighbours that complain about the noise all the time so they have these strict rules. The bouncers are these crazy scary scary black men that dont mess around and so you have to be really quiet going up to the bar and you cannot appear tipsy at all or else they wont let you in. ha- its crazy and SO fun.

so, most nights when I'm not working (and after work as well,) we end up at the highlander and stay out all night, getting home at about 6am. man, its so fun.

J'aime Paris. I feel like Im living in some surreal world that doesnt actually exist because the bars are open so late and you can pretty much do whatever you want. you can drink in the metro or on the street, no one cares. you would NEVER find a bar in Canada that serves alcohol after 2am but here, they sell it all hours of the night.

No comments: