Monday, February 19

The Weather

I know that in Canada, you guys are getting some crazy weather and so I thought I would write a post about how nice it actually is here. Ha.

I had a tshirt on yesterday. I didnt even need a sweater or anything. It was actually sunny for the whole weekend with no rain. Which, I'm sure is some kind of record or something. Of course since i had to work the whole weekend, I couldnt enjoy it really. But now, I have a day off.. and its overcast. but, still not rain so its a great day!

now, when it gets nice out, French people love sitting outside on patios of restaurants for hours on end. And, since our restaurant faces the seine and Notre Dame, we get a lot of people who like to sit outside. Working the terrasse is awful. you have to keep walking back and forth getting things, bringing things in, getting people change. It's annoying.

The other day (this is seriously the funniest thing Ive seen since I got here) there was a group of people who wanted to sit outside so they took it upon themselves (before I even saw them outside) to take all the remaining chairs that werent being used from the other talbes to use for themselves. Now, since there wasnt a table, they set the chairs up in a circle on the cement. By goodness, I came outside and i saw a group of about 9 people sitting in a circle without a table and i lost it. I had to walk inside again because it was so funny. one of the girls came in and asked if they could have a table outside and it took all of inner energy to not laugh in her face. I wanted to tell her that her and her group of friends looked ridiculous sitting there without a table. it was seriously the funniest thing ever. Another man found an available chair and was just sitting there facing the street, watching the people, no company and was leaning his arm of a plant (also no table) man, it was funny.

No comments: