Tuesday, February 6

Christmas and New Years

For Christmas, Paul and I had bought some chicken and cooked it. It wasnt quite as good as my home cooked turkey and homemade dressing that Im used to but it was the best we could do. Paul did an excellent job. We didnt really do too much else that day. It was pretty quiet day and Im glad that Paul was here.

For New Years, we went to this dinner party with Tracy (one of the Canadian girls here) and her boyfriend Mike. We didnt so much have a good time there because by the time we got there, they had already eaten and they were getting ready to go out (it was 8:30pm). I didnt think this was a good idea because a) if you go out that early, you'll be home before it turns nidnight and b) its very expensive to be buying drinks for that long. I suggested that we go back to Tracy's house after the really really bad dinner party (they didnt even have music on...) and drink a little and then meet them at the bar. So, we did that. well, we kind of did that. We ended up just staying at Tracy's apartment for the whole night. At midnight, we were up on the roof of her apartment (which was awesome and extremely daangerous.) It was a really good night. Paul and I took the metro home to my place because my house was also having a party. We got there at about 3am and the party was still going strong. I didnt go to bed until about 5am and Paul didnt go to bed until about 8am. It was a great night.

I had wanted to be under the eiffel tower at midnight but it was raining and gross and so we decided not to do that.. it ended up being a really fun night.

I also tried escargo that night at my house which is something I never would have done at home. I was actually proud of myself because normally I do not try new things. I actually liked it. That's the crazy part.

No comments: