Saturday, July 26

Being French

--bbb is so right.

I love being French.

There is something so amazing about sitting in a cafe with friends (or brother) and people watching or reading a good book. There is something so amazing about sitting in a park drinking wine, people watching and reading a book. There is also something so amazing about sitting beside the eiffel tower on a beautiful afternoon.

It's pretty great.

This summer I have had many opportunities to 'be french.' Even if I'm not in France, I am always looking for ways to be French. In England, Jacquie, Andrea and I all still sit on the same side of the table facing the street so we can people watch. This is something that they definitely do in France.
The other day we were eating an incredible english breakfast (complete with a cooked mushroom) and I turned the chairs around so we could face the street. That's about as French as you can get.

No comments: