Saturday, July 26

Socially Acceptable

Every morning and throughout the day, Andrea, Jacquie and I always ask each other, "Does anyone have to work tomorrow?" and of course, the answer is always no because we are all teachers and for the rest of our lives, throughout the summer, none of us have to work the next day.

If we are being a bit obnoxious on the street (which I never am of course, its mostly the other girls) one of us usually says "I can't wait to get back to New York" as if to give the impression that we are American and not Canadian. Ha.

None of us have to work tomorrow as we are going to Camden market which is apparently a fantastic market ("you dont even know" is what they tell me..) so im pretty pumped for that because of course, i feel as though i havent spent enough money in England so i'd like to spend more. Everything here is normal priced, if you lived in a country that was also on the pound, however, because I am using Canadian money, everything is twice as expensive. So, for example, a starbucks coffee is 2.65pounds which is normally priced, however, if you make the conversion the coffee actually costs more than 5$ Canadian so its pretty expensive.

I can't wait to get back to New York.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

living high on the hog eh !

Well.......Mandy dear

Get out of da suds (Brad's comment)

Put on yer duds

land back here with a thud

AND....get ta work on french crud

Uncle Grant

Erin said...

Sounds awesome to me! I'm leaving for China in about an hour, but I can guarantee it won't be nearly as glamorous as England (and I'd be shocked if the Queen was stalking me there). When are you coming home? Are we going to be home at the same time? (I'm back on August 10th until the 23rd) I'd love to see you if we can work it out!