Wednesday, July 2

Ireland

I got to Ireland two days ago to visit --b. I was up at 6am to catch my flight, arrived at the Dublin airport at 10am, got to the town centre around 1130 and took the bus to Cork and arrived at 5pm. It was a long day of travelling and it was finally good to put down my bags and to see my brother who I haven’t seen for over 10 months. As soon as I got here, we went out for a cheap pint. Apparently this one pub has happy hour all afternoon so we went there to chat and meet up with one of --b’s roommates Matty who he has known since university.
It’s really nice to be a little bit settled again and to see a familiar face again. Sean and I were travelling a lot and I find that moving around so much is sometimes hard on the system so it’s nice to relax a little bit in a house and catch up on my sleep. Also, because I toured around Ireland last year (I rented a car with 3 other Canadian girls—craziest thing i’ve ever done) I don’t feel pressured at all to tour around this time because I’ve seen everything I want to see in Ireland and so I can just relax and check out all the pubs and all different kinds of beer.

No comments: