Tuesday, June 3

back in Co. Cork

“can i get a bottle of water please?”

so often i've set out to find internet connection and felt obligated to get a coffee. something seemed more right about having a coffee next to me while jotting out ideas.

but the bottle she hands me doesn't have enough in it to brush my teeth.

“do you have anything in extra-large?”

her confused look is quickly replaced with one of understanding. she hands me bigger one, but it comes with a cost. i could have bought a round of drinks for seven in Sicily for that price i think for a moment.

“you wouldn't happen to have wireless, would you?”
“no, not here. but you can try to steel from next door, it sometimes works. the password is vibes.”

the long and the short of my life currently is that i am, despite what the banner might advertise, back in Cork. I am back at work at the Shel and I am back in my bed. I am back to staying up until six in the morning and back to getting up at noon. I am back, and I am ready to move again.

As luck would have it I have a week in Sweden booked from the 10th to the 17th. And, as Mandy said before, in France sometime in July. In a few moments I am meeting with a friend for another lesson in Swedish, she finishes work in ... now and today I am going to learn the answer to Hur Mon Dur ... which means, how are you.

I hope you are all ready for the upcoming swedish lessons.

Reading update: I traded On The Road for The Kite Runner which I have since traded for Anne Frank. A very special thank you to whom ever told me to read Kite Runner, I enjoyed it and read it very quickly; not to mention thank you to the lovely young woman you made the trade with me. You can read more about her by clicking here to get to her travel blog.

I apologize for not being funny today, i hope to make up for it soon.

(the internet decided not to work and my swedish lesson decided to be postponed)

ciao,

--bbb

2 comments:

Kristine said...

Hey Brad,
I found the neatest blog...I don't know if you have hard of it yet, but I thought I would share...
http://ifoundyourcamera.blogspot.com/
I hope you are doing well...
I'm living vicariously through your blog...Ontario is boring...but teaching does not allow for breaks other than summer...which is coming soon! :)ciao ciao

--b said...

kris,

thanks for the link. I haven't checked it out, but i will make sure to do so later today. good to hear that you are doing well, even if you are a little bored. when i get bored i take a day trip somewhere, perhaps you should too.

i taught my new french roommate and my sweedish friend the word vicarious the other day, funny that you should mention that it. it was very difficult, as you might imagine.

enjoy summer, miss you loads.

ciao,

--b