Friday, December 1

Friday

Today, I started work. Now, let me tell you about this job that i have. Its working at a restaurant, much like kelseys at home. They specialize in meat (every restaurant here pretty much specializes in meat).

I got there at 9:30 this morning. The first 10 minutes were awful. After I am done explaining my first 10mins, I hope you all feel sorry for me. The lady gave me a tour which included teaching me how to use their crazy lockers that they have. She gave me a name tag with Amanda on it. Im going by Amanda here because parisians (for whatever reason..) have a hard time saying Mandy. This is funny because Im not used to answering when people say Amanda. So, my boss would be calling my name and I wouldnt really answer because I wouldnt realize she was talking to me. So anyways, she then gives me an outfit. The skirt is the largest size that they have as is the shirt. She then leaves me alone to get ready. I tried to unlock my locker and cant.. turns out I didnt shut it right or something so then I have to get my boss to unlock it for me. I then manage to lose my name tag and have to get them to make me a new one. My boss then tells me that Im supposed to have a necklace and earrings on. She is shocked when I tell her I dont have a necklace and earrings with me. She then tells me I have to wear makeup and is once again shocked when I tell her I dont have any on. She takes me down to the changeroom and puts makeup on me (awkward) then gives me her crazy bling bling to wear. This includes a crazy necklace and earrings and a bracelet. I felt so awkward all day because I just didnt feel like myself. Oh, and I bought the wrong color of nylons and jeepers, that was the end of the world at Hippopotamus (thats the name of the restaurant).. It was so awful.

After the first 10 mins from hell, the job went very well. Turns out its not hard being a hostest. Im pretty good at smiling and asking how many people there are and if they want smoking or non smoking (fumeur ou non fumeur).

I have to work a split shift tomorrow (11-2:30 and 6-midnight). Its going to be awful and I cant wait. We are also going out to the bar tomorrow so whats going to happen is that im going to work tomorrow pretty much all day and then go out all night and work the same shift on Sunday. Its going to be great. I'm in Paris.

your francophone,

1 comment:

shann said...

mandy...

not to offend but reading this post i pictured you dressed up like mimi from the drew carey show afterwards ahahaahahaha... (i hope you get this pop culture reference)

i'm sure you looked beatiful and very parisian...

enjoy!!!!
shannon