Sunday, December 10

update

I decided not to go to Normandy. I was really tired from being up late for no reason the night before.

I signed a lease yesterday. I move on Tuesday. I am living in an "international house" which will be really fun once I get settled again. Its not very far away from Dom's, so thats nice. I know Ill meet lots of really cool people but its just the thought of having to get settled again that isnt very appealing.

I also had a problem with my bank to get enough money in one day to give to the landlord. I have to give her a deposit which isnt a big deal because I have the money in my Canadian bank account (my french one is still at 0) but with TD, I can only take out so much money in one day. I called TD to see if I could get that limit changed and they said I could up it to an amount that still wasnt going to be enough. I was very frusterated. I wanted to take the money out of Canadian account, put it in my French account (so that its not at 0!) and then write a cheque for the landlord. She needs all of this on Monday because she's leaving for the US on Tuesday. Talk about last minute. Oh, and this is another great thing about France: their banks are closed on Mondays. So, ideally, I could have been able to take out enough cash over a few days and then put it all in my account on Monday and write a cheque but the banks arent open on Monday. So, Im going to have to give the landlord SO much cash, its ridiculous. But theres actually nothing else I can do..

Im excited and once again nervous to move. I know Ill like it but now I have to figure out the metro, the bus, the night bus, where it comes, where it drops off, how often it comes and all that all over again.

Yesterday was the Murray family Christmas where my whole family gets together and celebrates Christmas. Clearly I wasnt there. I hope they are having a good time without me, although I doubt it. Today is my mom's side's Family Christmas, Im sure they will miss me there as well.

No comments: