Sunday, December 17

update

so, i moved into my new house. let me tell you about my first night here.

I got in late because I was hanging out with the Canadian girls. There is a dog in the house and as soon as I opened the door, because he doesnt know me yet, he started growling like crazy. Right beside the front door, is a girl's room. Now, she is a nurse and has to get up at 5:15am every morning to go to work. I walked in the door at about 1:30am. Im sure she and everyone else in the house woke up because the dog was growling SO loudly.

I finally got the dog to be quiet and I walked upstairs to my room. Everything was still all over the floor because i had just dropped my suitcases and left again and so, as you can imagine, my room was a disaster. I was stepping around everything trying to get myself organized for bed. I have a bunkbed in my room, but its just a top bunk and then a desk underneath it. I havent been in a bunkbed since i was about 10 (leanne and i used to share.. but, i forget.. did you have the top bunk, Lee??)
So anyways, with bunkbeds, you need to make sure you have everything organized by the time you get to the top rung of the ladder because you dont really want to climb down once you're up there. Of course, i kept forgetting things. One time i forgot my lamp then my cell phone and finally i thought i had everything and i was under the covers when i realized i had left the light on. Man, was I getting frusterated and then i was cursing the bunkbed. Plus, the ladder on the bed is not actually attached so you have to be very careful when you're climbing up and down so that you dont fall. I havent fallen yet.

Then, i was leaning on the night stand that i have above my bed and it fell and SMASHED on the floor. by that time, i hadnt actually met any of my roommates yet and im sure they all hated me because i was being SO loud.

the next morning, i was getting ready to have a shower and i actually couldn't figure out how to turn the shower on. Its one of those bath/shower combos. now, normally the tricky part is getting the shower head to turn on but i couldnt even get the water on. So, what did I do? I just didnt shower. Im getting used to not showering and its not really bothering me.

2 comments:

Aunt Mary said...

Dear Mandy,
I have been following your adventures & find them wonderful to read. Enjoy yourself & immerse yourself in the culture. Someday you can tell your children & grandchildren all about your marvelous adventures.

Merry Christmas Mandy & celebrate New Years Eve in a grand way.

Love Aunt Mary L

Lees said...

mands,

i can only imagine how graceful your enterence would have been.... I'm sure the noise level was even louder then you even realize (that tends to happen to her!!!)
Anyway- just to let you know I was always on the bottom bunk! I couldnt even remember, so i asked mom... and she said "mandy was on the top- we found out quickly that she couldnt breath on the bottom..." But I think mom and dad took them apart... maybe thats why we can't remember.

we miss you SO much!!
Love you,
lees