Monday, December 11

update

So today I had to take my deposit of an ungodly amount of cash over to my landlord. I dont even want to talk about how much money in Canadian dollars this was because it was SO depressing. So, I took the money over and handed it to her in twenties. I also had to hold it in two days, it was so much money. She gladly accepted it, as I cried because I was giving away a lot of money.

Im really excited to move tomorrow. Its going to be really nice to unpack my suitcase and set up camp somewhere. I really enjoyed living at Dom's because the girls are super fun but it'll be nice to have my own space. I havent met any of my roommates yet (there are 4 others) so I guess Ill show up tomorrow and Ill be the random person that no one knows. Its going to be weird.

The other day Jordanna, Dom and I walked around the jewish and gay area (and yes, they share the same area for whatever reason.) Jordanna is Jewish and so she was really excited to go into all the stores. We got pickles out of a huge barrel in one store and it was way too cool. We watched the lady as she took a laddle and put it into this HUGE barrel (like the size of me) to get pickles out of it.

We went out for coffee in a little bar by La Bastille (remember Lee, finding La Bastille and we were SO excited) One night, Leanne and I were walking home from the bar and I was totally convinced in my I-know-where-we-are-going-dont-tell-me-otherwise way that we were going in the right direction and that I knew EXACTLY where we were. I had no idea. All of a sudden, we came across La Bastille which is exactly where we wanted to be. It was too funny. So, we went out for coffee and then came back to the apartment and played a card game. Good times in Paris,

your francophone,

No comments: