Sunday, December 17

update

so, i havent written in a while and i have a lot to talk about. here we go.

We did secret santa between me and the 4 Canadian girls (Dom, Jordanna, Maria, Tracy) and we opened the gifts last night. You know how sometimes when you're doing secret santa, someone always gets the shaft because they dont get a very thoughtful girl or something? well, that didnt happen at all. Everyone got really really thoughtful girls. It turned out really well. The girls have a Christmas tree in their apartment that they have named Steve (everything object in their apartment has a human name, for whatever reason..) so we decorated the tree and had some cake and opened presents. Good times had by all. I finally feel like Im in the Christmas spirit.

Maria, Dom, Jordanna and I went to a Christmas market in Paris. It was absolutely gorgeous. We walked around and they have the coolest knick knacks there. We bought Christmas presents and some things for ourselves. We tasted hot wine (it was alright, really sweet though..) we then went out for dinner in the Latin Quarter and had french onion soup (dad, you would love it!) It was fantastic.

We went outdoor skating right outside of the Hotel de Ville (which is their city hall and like every other building in Paris, is amazing) we could see the Notre Dame rom where we were and it was awesome. I havent been skating for about 3 years, and (cough) and Im sure to everyones surprise, I wasnt very good. Apparently, I dont bend my knees enough. It was a really good workout and not to mention, the best place Ive skated yet. It was great. It sure beats the Seaforth arena (although, dad, i had to tie my skates on by myself.. tear..)

it was all in all, a great day.

No comments: