Saturday, May 24

Being French

I know that i’ve written about this before, but being in France is so great. These people really know how to live. No one ever works more than 35 hrs a week (except for my host dad that I will tell you about later) This means that, because they only work 35 hours a week, they have time in the middle of the afternoon to take 2 hr lunches (because they know how to live). This also means that in the afternoon, the restaurants are packed with people sitting outside watching the foot traffic and having a cafe or a beer. Jenn and I went down to a cafe to have a beer and the place was packed. So, we sat down being very french and say beside each other outside to watch the foot traffic. Being French also means eating crepes. I finally had my first crepe of the season the other day and it was delicious (crepe au nutella). I never eat nutella at home but for some reason, when I get to France, all i want to do is eat nutella crepes, eh Dominique?!? The crepe was just as amazing as I remembered. Being French also means actually have a good H&M to shop in. So, of course, I did that as well.

your francophone, Mandy

1 comment:

--b said...

i remember when we were little, well acctually even now, mom would bring the nutella out on sunday morning for our toast. we weren't to have it any other day of the week, never mind that it was in the cubboard, within reach, the all the while.

mandy, does 'i never eat nutella at home' include weekday mornings?