Saturday, May 24

“Le Foot” (Soccer)

On Thurs night, Jenn and I played soccer with about 8 male teachers from another high school. Talk about intimidating. Jenn and I were the only girls that played. Jenn used to play varsity soccer for Laurier and so she’s very good. I, on the other hand, am very average. I’m an alright soccer player. So, Jenn has played with them before and so they all know her very well and I come in, as the new girl, scared out of my mind but determined to not only play but play well. They automatically assume that I am as good as Jenn (which i’m obviously not..) I end up holding my own and learning a whole new set of vocab words around playing a sport. I even scored a goal!!
After our soccer (le foot en français) game, we went back to another teacher’s house from the same high school to eat and have a few drinks. It was a really good night.

your francophone, Mandy

No comments: