Tuesday, May 20

Paris cont'd

While i was still in Toronto, comme d’habitude (like usual) I ended up taking things out of my huge suitcase and putting it into a self created box (Leanne created it).. i wasn’t sure if i was going to end up with all of my things that were in this box in Paris and so i was very relieved when i saw the box coming down the conveyor belt in Paris.. Leanne had written "if you find me, please return me to rr #5 seaforth.." and i was watching the other people reading this on the box as it was coming down the conveyor belt and laughing with their friends. I created quite the entertainment.
There was a man waiting for me from the organization that i went with when i arrived and i was so glad to see him.. last time i arrived in paris, it was not as easy. He grabbed my suitcase, and put it in his car and drove me to the hotel where the other lady from the organization was.. i was able to shower/nap and felt refreshed by the time i got on the train in Paris to Dijon.

When I got off the train station in Dijon, there were two women waiting for me (they had my name on a piece of paper AMANDA MURRAY just like my family does when I get off the train in Stratford) One woman is the principal of the school that Im working at and the other one was the woman who i was going to be staying with.. I was originally supposed to be staying at the principal of the schools house but that got changed and i was now living with this new woman and her 4 kids.. there are actually 7 kids in the fam but only 4 of them at the house right now.. so, she takes me to my new home and i meet the other kids who are really cute and very French. There is a girl who is 18 and she lives across the hall from me and the two of us share a bathroom. There is a son who is 21 and then twins who are 12. The twins asked me a million and one questions about Canada and spoke way too fast but they are so cute.

I will continue avec mes aventures demain but right now, i need to go to bed : )

Your francophone, Mandy

No comments: