Friday, November 10

la tour eiffel

so, ive changed my mind. yes, Notre Dame is very beautiful however, thqt was before i saw the eiffel tower. wow. we went there (me and this guy who just graduated from queens) at sunset and man is it incredible. nothing prepares you for how big and intricate it is. I thought I wasnt necessarily going to be surprised but boy was I wrong. it was awesome.

in other news... I got a job yesterday. Im working at the souvenir shop on Champs Elysees (which is apparently like, one of the most fqmous streets in the world, who knew..) so thats kinda cool and the other gift shop im working at is right beside the Louvre which i havent seen yet but im sure it will be awesome as well. so i start my job on wed which is good because now i can start looking for a place to live.

i moved yesterday which was the best decision ive made so fqr; turns out im getting better at this decision making thing.. im now not too far from Notre Dame so its a reqlly good location and im pqying half as much as i was before..

now, let me tell you about my experience of hostels so far, which, granted is not a lot (only one night) but its still an interesting perspective. there are so mqny people in these plqces and a lot of the, are french.. i thought this was so weird because I assumed that people would be from all different countries and not really from france. i guess my thinking is that i wouldnt really necessqrily stay in a hostel in toronto for example.. but this is what a lot of these french people do.. which, for them is a good idea because its a very cheap way to go to paris for very cheap.

so, that was pretty much my day yesterday.. i didnt actually sleep very much because I was so afraid my stuff was going to get stolen.. oh, and another thing about this hostel is that you sleep in the same room with three other people that you have never met before and the first time i met the girls in my room was the next morning because i had gotten in late last night and they were already sleeping.. and it wasnt weird waking up to them in the morning.. it was like i had always woken up beside this same chinese girl for the last 10 yrs of my life (it was like waking up with you in the room, Leanne) it was quite odd that it wasnt odd..

No comments: