Sunday, November 19

my weekend

well, my weekend ended up being very good.

I ended up spending the entire weekend with Alisons friend from university and her roommates, all canadians in their one bedroom apartment. man, is this apartment ridiculous. I grew up with 3 sisters and we could never EVER even think about living in a one bedroom apartment all together. The apartment is actually fairly big for having only one bedroom but when there are 4 girls (5 including me) it gets very small very quickly.

so, the roommates are super awesome. Dominique (Alisons friend) has been so great, letting me stay there for 2 nights now.. we went out on Friday night to a bar and left here at 12:30am. Leaving at 12:30 is the best invention ever and something i didnt get to do going to school in London. You could never do that in London, Ont. In london, as many of you know, you have to be downtown by at least 9:30 or you have no hope in hell in getting into a bar. So, we left late and then stayed out all night because a lot of the bars do not close. which is awesome. we took the metro home when it opened up at 5:30am on Saturday. Now, remember my last post about the metro and how it is confusing but that I had it figured out and I pretty much dont get lost anymore?? disregard that. We were so tired, so delirious and maybe (just maybe..) still loaded and we took the metro the wrong way 4 TIMES. it was actually ridiculous. i kept falling asleep and then we'd all miss our stop and then go back but we would go the wrong way and it was awful. We didnt get home until 8am. it was ridiculous.

yesterday, (sat) the girls spent the whole day in bed and I got up and Natalie (another swapper) and I went to see another apartment. I saw one Friday as well that was pretty cool, kinda far away but really nice. the only problem was that they had a dog and a cat which I cant live with. So, this house we saw yesterday was alright but it didnt' have a living room or common area. It was living with an older lady with her son and then me. As soon as you walk in the door, there were only 4 doors. It was weird and not at all what Im looking for.

last night we just hung around and it was great to be with other people my age hanging out, laughing and talking. It was really fun. Im staying here again tonight and then picking Leanne up in the morning. I cant wait.

today was another lazy day. we all got up late and just hung around. we went to get bunkbeds that the girls had bought from this family down the street. and boy, was that funny. there we were, 5 girls walking down the streets all with differnet bunkbed parts. one girl had a mattress, i was carrying something else ( i have no idea what it was) haha, it was too funny. then, we put the bed together. what a great sense of accomplishment. when we got done, we all took a step back and admired our work. it was great.

tonight, we are once again, just hanging out but its been great. its great to finally kind of settle and just lie around, sleep and read and hang out.

tomorrow Lee comes and I cant wait!

your francophone,

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There ya go Mandy...now you're starting to sound more like you!!! Out all night, drinking and dancing and having a good time! Though I don't recall you ever being ridiculous on our nights like that...HAHAHAH NOT!

Talk to you soon!
Say hi to Leanne!