Friday, November 17

my first cheese experience

well. this entry is going to be about my first cheese experience. it was quite a few days ago and I totally forgot about it until now. now, most of you will know that im very simple when it comes to food. i really only eat a few things regularilly and one of them is grilled cheese and tomato soup, which is my fav. i specifically like marble or cheddar cheese. well, would you believe that they dont really have those kinds in france. they hqve 'better' kinds. so, i branched out for about the 2nd time in my life (one being this trip) and bought another kind of cheese. camamerie or something like that.. so, i get this cheese and im deter;mined to make my own panini. so, i first open the container and it kinda smells funny but what do i know, this is my second time branching out and my first time branching out with cheese. i put it on the panini, microwave it, and start eating it. i dont like and it tastes awful but im determined to eat it and at least pretend to like it.
I finally tell tyler, another canadian, that i dont actually like it and he takes the cheese and tells me its gone really bad. im never eating cheese here again.

3 comments:

shann said...

Mandy!

Hahahahaha... You better not tell any french you are giving up cheese! May I suggest that you try something mild like brie... (Although I am sure Brad has already recommended it as it is his favourite as well... despite what cheese does to his "system"..)It is best at room temperture on bread...

Have fun with Leanne... You are truly lucky to have such a great sister but afterall sisters are the best friends you never had to meet...

I love reading about your trip...
Shannon

--b said...

i love brie. but like she said, it does do a number on my system. but all cheeses do that to me.

i don't think france is for me. however, had i had a passport i may have been on the plane with leanne.

Unknown said...

OOOHHHH mandy...it is posts like this that remind me why I love you so much!!! you make me laugh out loud with your blog posts, and it sounds like you're having some very interesting experiences. OF COURSE it would be YOU who gets the bad cheese!!! hahahah. i wish i was there with you cuz you know we would laugh our heads off about it! (I also wish it was me coming there to visit you...but that's another story! lol)

Don't let your cheese experience stop you from branching out more and trying other things though...that would be silly!

hope you're doing well. i left a voicemail for you the other day and i hope you got it!

bye for now...