Wednesday, November 29

things ive learned

1- I have the greatest sister in the world. Actually, all my sisters (and you too, Brad) are awesome.

2- I learned to appreciate my family and my friends so much more. Its incredible how important and how close you get with people when you are so far away. I know I talk to my family SO much more than I did when I was living 40 mins away from them. I think its only until you actually LEAVE that you realize how important they are to you.

3- I learned that taking a shower every morning is not actually necessary. Ive ALWAYS taken a shower EVERY morning for as long as I can remember. and yet, when Im here, its not as important. Now, im clearly not saying that I dont shower at all but all Im saying is that its not as important. plus, the shower in Dom's apartment is awful. Actually, the whole bathroom is awful. The shower is a tub with a half curtain and there is no shower head per say. There is a shower head but its not attached to anything above you like most shower heads are. You have to hold it while trying to shower and also while trying not to get any water on the floor because of the half curtain. Oh, and you are standing a bathtub (which is slippery when wet, in case you didnt know) so, the reason for me not showering in the morning or every day for that matter is two-fold. one is that there are other things to do in Paris then to spend your time showering and the other reason is that its too hard to shower in their bathroom and so you try to do it as least as possible.

4- Ive learned that I need to make the most of the time that I have here because I dont know if Ill ever get to come back.

5- Ive learned that nutella crepes (in fact, nutella in general) is the greatest thing in the world. I found the BEST crepe making place in Paris and they actually know my name because Im there so often.

6- Im learning how to do a lot on my own. Its nice to be on your own once you're used to it and I think Im getting used to it.

1 comment:

Lees said...

mands, you have no idea how much fun i had in France!! thanks for not being settle and SO set in your ways that I just had to come and visit you!!! It helped me out so much- because know i now you are (kinda)settled... which makes me SO much happier for you!! best of luck moving tomorrow!!
miss you mucho