Monday, November 27

wine tasting fiasco

today, Dom and I had one mission and it was to go to a wine tasting convention. This guy (jeff) that Dom and another one of her roommates met at the laundry mat (he's Canadian) had invited Dom and I to go to this convention. We had no idea what to expect as neither one of us had ever gone to a wine tasting convention before and also, neither of us really liked wine anyways but we still wanted to go. We met Jeff's friends at the convention and we all got our wine glasses and started walking around. I was pretending I knew what I was doing while trying different kinds of wine. I was smelling and swirling and taking small sips and then swirling again. Now, let me tell you something--I know nothing about wine. So, I started actually telling the wine makers that I didnt know anything about wine and then they started actually teaching me stuff about wine, how its made and what to look for. After about an hour of wine tasting, I was a little tipsy. alright, maybe a lot. We were there for 3 hrs and it was awesome. There were about 1000 wine stands there. Unfortunuately we didnt get to all of the stands however, we got to a fair few.

After drinking wine all afternoon, we went out to dinner at an all you can eat chinese restaurant. All in all, it was a great day.

No comments: